8 Chicken tenders, boneless
1 12-ounce can Coconut Cream
1 ½ quarts vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
salt and pepper
-Potato Salad Recipe
4-5 Red Bliss Potatoes (about 3 cups)
The juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 teaspoon agave nectar
½ a red onion, small dice
½ a red bell pepper, small dice
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
3 tablespoon Meyers Dark Rum
½ tablespoon coconut flakes
1 tablespoon coconut cream
salt and pepper
4 wedges of lime
a few sprigs of fresh cilantro
1. Place the chicken and coconut cream in a sealable plastic bag, squeeze all of the air out and seal. Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
2. In a large pot, add the potatoes and cover with water. Place on the stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender (about 15-20 minutes) then drain and let cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add lime juice, vinegar, oil, cilantro, agave, red onion, bell pepper, mustard, garlic, Rum, coconut flakes, and coconut cream with some salt and pepper. Mix ingredients to incorporate.
4. Once the potatoes are cool, delicately cut them into wedges (Be careful to keep the skin intact for presentation.) Place the cut potatoes into a sealable plastic bag and cover with Rum and lime vinaigrette. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable oil to a large deep pot over medium-heat and bring up to 365 degrees. Beat the egg in a bowl. Add flour to a separate bowl with some salt and pepper. (Be sure to season the flour) Remove the chicken pieces from the coconut cream and dip into the egg then dredge in the flour. Be gentle and toss the chicken pieces to coat on all sides with the flour.
6. Using a pair of metal tongs, add the coated chicken pieces to the hot oil. Make sure you don’t over fill the pot or the chicken will stick together. Once the chicken is finished and beautifully golden (about 4-6 minutes) remove from the oil and place on a few sheets of paper towel to drain the excess oil. Season with salt and pepper if you like additional seasoning.
7. To plate, add a bit of the potato salad to the plate and drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the top, add the crispy fried chicken over the top and garnish with a wedge of fresh lime and cilantro.